Wednesday, March 11, 2009

That's when I realized my Vocabulary sucks!!!

It was about 10pm, 2nd March 2009. I was reading a passage to practice my RC, as I was going to appear for a management exam, like CAT. I was trying to make RC my strong area from past 20 days. I read books on RC provided by two famous institutes for CAT, XAT, MAT and other MBA entrance exam preparations - Career Launcher and IMS. I found their material very very helpful for understanding some tips and tricks to handle RC questions. They answered many questions like which approach to have while reading the passage, and why reading speed above 400 words per minute is very helpful in RC...and other such things. But after studying all these things for 20 days....I later realised that even I know everything of these...I am unable to answer the questions...WHY???


I was trying to find answer for this question but was unable to...then when that night I was reading a passage....I met a many words which I had no idea about!!! THEN!!! EuREkAAA!!! I FOUND THE REASON!!!! I was not able to get my answers correct because I wasn't able to understand the passage!! BECauSE My VoCaBUlaRY SUckSSSSSZZZZZ!!!!


That's when I realised how important vocabulary is in cracking RC. I knew vocab isn't a thing which can be empowered in some weeks or months.....the journey of improving vocab is unending!! Wanna join...??

No comments:

Post a Comment